Recycling food waste can:
At 21%, food waste makes up the largest portion of our solid waste stream! Make a big impact by recycling your food waste through composting.
Who can we service?
Why choose Gallins Farm?
-Reliable, clean, permitted and local.
- "When we first found out about Gallins Family Farm, we were so happy .... I couldn't ask for a better partner to work with."
Megan McCarthy Anderson - Sustainable Development Manager, Wake Forest University - 4/14/2014
- “We are very excited about our partnership with Gallins Family Farm. It allows Catawba College to get into composting in a big way...
David Najarian - Class of 1997 - Director Environmental Services - 2014
We also accept compostable materials that meets the following guidelines:
What are the environmental benefits?
- Significant reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Food scraps are a major source of methane emissions from landfills.
- Protection of surface and ground water by removing liquid laden organic waste. Pollution of aquifers, rivers and streams occurs as organic waste decomposes in the landfill.
- Improve sanitation and increase the lifespan of current landfills.